Thursday, October 18, 2007

Prayers for my mom

I have dragged my computer to the porch, extension chord laid out (if I go just far enough, I get internet connection), to bring this sincere request to you: please pray for my mom. For over a month now she has been plagued with numerous (sometimes changing daily) physical ailments and has been in and out of the hospital at least 5 times. She went back to work today and was told by her boss that a month or two break would be a good idea. She is devastated and already dealing with many, many stresses that have her depressed. She needs God's presence so seriously right now- His comfort, His peace, His understanding and His wisdom. She needs deliverance from these crazy sicknesses and this oppressive depression. She needs clarity of mind and the joy of the Lord. And she really needs her job. Or another one. Whatever God provides.

And please pray for me, too. She called me and I think I was her first call. I just don't know what to do, or say. I feel so lost as to how to help. I just told her Jesus was with her, that she should speak to someone with more wisdom than me, and that we will get through this together (with Jesus). I couldn't stress Him enough.

And to be completely honest with you, this call came after battling in faith for finances of our own. I am so glad we prayed and stood against the attack of our enemy for our own lives. God, I am SO GLAD YOU DEFEATED the devil. Man. It's good to know he is a completely, publicly defeated foe (loser). AND it's great to know You are FOR US and not against us- that You provide a way out, that You care. Thank God!

So of you I ask (beg) please pray for my mom. She is such a beautiful person and a child of God that needs to be lifted out of the murkiness that is her life right now.


Thank you.

Really, thank you so much.

I love you.

2 comments:

Tami said...

We will most definitely be praying for your mom, and continuing to pray for you guys.

Believe God for wisdom in what to say to your mom. If you were her first call, she must've sensed that you would be the one to comfort/help/speak words of life to her. God can and will give you wisdom. You already have the mind of Christ.

And sometimes when someone's going through something, the best thing for you to do is just be a good listener!

And lastly, pray for and especially WITH your mom. There is something that happens in the spirit realm when two or more are in agreement. Mt. 18:18-20, Ec. 4:9-12.

Love you!!

Anonymous said...

Ha, yeah Monavie? Nope, never made a dime. Anything with the words "network" or "marketing" in the same sentence I try and stay away from. :)

By the way how is South Carolina treating you guys?