Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Lively Discussions

Ok, so I am waiting at the hotel in Dallas for Pastor Tim to come in from Chicago so we can start this thang... this 2 1/2 week adventure sharing the Word of God with people in Guatemala.

What a way to start... defending faith in the Holy Spirit! I don't often like to get super "preachy", you know, like my wonderful hubby.... Ok, maybe sometimes I do. As I wait I find there are responses by the Vineyard Church pastor on the church's discussion forum to posts I placed.

Interesting.

Join the discussion if you like: http://forum.seacoastvineyard.com/index.php
My login is Bianca (Jeff says that is bold, but what do I have to hide? ;)
Oh, and if you can't figure it out, Jeff's is KnowYourGod.

I kind of don't like addressing these topics with the pastor like this... we haven't met yet, due to circumstances we can't control. I am TOTALLY going to connect with him when I get back. Until then we try figuring these things out through posts...

I hope I am making Pastor Hoban proud. :)

What a way to start off a mission trip! I gotta tell ya, God is really cool!

Love ya'all!

bianca

OH... check out our progress in Guatemala at:
http://guatemalamission07.googlepages.com/

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I left some comments of my own on the vineyard site, and i have a new blog up today. I am praying you are blessed and the team comes together as such.

God's Love Changed Everything said...

Are you soliciting your own writings on my blogsite?? How dare you blatantly plug your own!!?!!


:)
love you
heading over to yours right now...

Anonymous said...

Set up a meeting with him and then decide wether you can submit to his leadership, if not, find another church. In my opinion, I do not think it is right to publically disagree with his teaching, be it right or wrong.

God's Love Changed Everything said...

The point of posting this on my blog is to bring the topic of doctrine in a new church to those I trust... namely my old church members (read: family). The posts themselves have not been derogatory, and nothing in this blog set it up that way.
Perhaps you can help me see where I erred in this way?

Thank you for your feedback. The invitation is out to the pastor, and I look forward to meeting with him. (And I suspect he enjoys discussing these topics on his forum, since he monitors most topics)

Thank you, "anonymous".

Tami said...

are you checking email and blog on your trip? hope you guys are having a great time kickin some serious demon booty.

Anonymous said...

Well, there is a reason that pastor took your blog off the forum. We are not against the teaching of the Holy Spirit, but we just don't agree with the way you went about in doing it. There is just an appropriate way of dealing with church politics.

God's Love Changed Everything said...

Dear 'anonymous':
The pastors of the church have not taken my posts off the forum. In fact, the senior pastor has answered my post responses which is why you don't see my name listed on anything. I wonder if perhaps you have not been tracking the same discussion that I referenced? Maybe I am not who you think I am?
I find it interesting that you refer to yourself as 'we'. If you are a part of the church, we look forward to meeting you. I hope you don't find us to be confrontational people... we are just serious about what we are being taught.

And I hope we don't get involved in church politics, and I would be surprised if the senior pastor has much by way of church 'politics' in his church. I have always appreciated the pastor's love for God and his honest, clear responses communicated in his messages. The whole staff have welcomed myself and my family warmly, without any hesitation. I am actually finding as I reread our forum discussions that we agree more than I originally suspected. And I am pleased to find that out.

Bless you... see you soon?
:)
b

Anonymous said...

Anonymous; I agree with Godslove, we have gone about it correctly and the best model for church "politics" is Matt. 18 which we are following, so if You as a person or group as you may be have some conflict with us than you should contact us; my email is douknowjesus@sbcglobal.net thank you

Anonymous said...

Hey pretty lady, it was wonderful seeing you again. =) I've done a lot of processing since we talked during that quiet time, and the trip was definitely worth it, and I learned a lot. Still processing though...God is good and I'm excited about life and dreams He's given me and all He's gonna use me for.

Life As We See It said...

Hey! I know you're back and I'm ready to hear what is going on with you! I got Tim's version, now I need yours. =)