Friday, June 8, 2007

Hot South Carolina Sun

If you've been here, you know what I mean.

Today I spent three hours raising money for my trip to Guatemala by weeding my aunt's flower beds. I was able to avoid the direct sun, and the morning was "cool", so that wasn't so bad. It was when I returned home to 6 more hours of moving tubs and rearranging the few boxes that hold our life's possessions into my mom's sheds that it got hot. And by hot, I mean drippy, skin glistening, starting to get delirious hot.
At one point I was able to justify the 3 frozen cheesecake bites (Ok, 6) I took from the fridge as certainly earned due to the many calories I was burning, only to learn that the sweating wasn't burning so many calories as dehydrating me (hence the delirium mentioned before).

But at the end of the day, with my eyes barely open, I am still so happy I live in a sunny, hot place. At least the beach is never too far away when I really need to cool down!

:)
Love you guys, and VISIT SOON!

b

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You never cease to amaze and impress me with your hard work and dedication. i love u

bluemaxtang123 said...

eesh, sounds... ABUNDANTLY SUNNY! Keep on keepin on.
P.S. Have fun in Guatemala!
P.P.S. This is Matt in case you didn't know