Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Part of Me is Invincible"


This is quoted from a new friend, Rachel, in our worship small group this evening.
I love it. It seems to perfectly express this genuine apathy I feel towards the circumstances in my life because I just trust God. Sure, I get down about trials and pressures like everyone else, but not for long. And that is not to brag in my own strength or faith- but really to applaud God rising up in me. To give glory to His goodness in my life, and the peace He envelopes me in. There is a resilience in me that won't be moved, won't be pushed down and can't be ignored. I am just done with this world. I give up. If Christ did nothing else for me, I wouldn't care a bit. He washes me of my sins, cleanses me and makes me new. He is before me, beside me and in front of me. I don't need anything else.

I get a small measure of joy in this thought- the devil is annoyed by this Invisibility I posses in Christ. First, I thank God my name is in the Lamb's Book of Life, then I smile at how the devil won for but a moment. He'll try again, but the outcome will be the same.


Part of me is invincible!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bianca, I just stopped by to see how you're doing and say a quick "hi". Read your post that I TOTALLY needed to hear today. What great words. Like a sweet rolling poem. Oh thank you for that!
Renee

Life As We See It said...

I love that quote, it's good!