Sunday, September 23, 2007

Love

"We all wanna to be loved, loved, looooved. We all want just a little respect, ya-e-ah. We all wanna be looooooved- tell me what's wrong with that?" DC TALK

Today our Youth Pastor preached the third message in a series titled "Naturally Supernatural". It was a good message and I enjoyed it. One of the things God blessed me with was this: "God made you to love you."

God made me, Bianca, to love me, Bianca.
God loves Bianca.
It's not new news, but it's good news.

I want another child for the same reason. I want to share my love with another child. I want Bella love a sibling like I deeply love my lil' sista. I want our family to grow in it's love out-put.
I am not always a loving person. I get angry and yell. I even push back when I get angry and backed into a corner emotionally. It's true. I just hope you (collectively, all) have received more love from me than anger, more love than disappointment, and more love than apathy. I want to be a lover. Not....well.... anything else.


Another note of freedom from today's message: God gives gifts to me (prophecy, words of knowledge, wisdom, healing, miracles, etc.) so that He can bless others through me even though He knows that I screw up sometimes and things get messy. He still wants me to be involved in the whole gift-giving process. (Example- He wants to give someone the gift of joy- He uses me to give them a word of knowledge concerning their life- I get uncomfortable and stumble over my words- it gets awkward, but the person still receives the gift of joy. God could have done it infinitely better than me, but He wants me to be a part of the wonder of giving gifts to others.)

Because He is a lover.
I want to be one, too.


Love is a choice, an action, a much sought after emotion. It reaches the depths of a person in ways nothing else can; it makes people whole and has the power to change people. It's beautiful, wonderful, hard and painful. It sacrifices, surrenders, has courage and is brave.

A person who possesses love must be the same way.

God, please help me to be a lover- one who is patient, kind, that does not envy, does not have pride. Help me to be a lover that isn't rude, selfish or provoked. Help me to be a lover that rejoices in truth and righteousness. Help me to be a strong lover that believes all things, hopes all things and endures all things. Help me to be a lover that never stops loving.

2 comments:

Tami said...

good call, bianca. :)

Tami said...

nice site, bianca! Busy Moms Gourmet Foods. very nice. :)