Monday, July 30, 2007

Random 'us' stuff

My loves
:)
Things are falling into place down here for the Poms Family. Jeff begins working full-time at a chiropractor's office today (thank You, Jesus!). Today also marks the fourth day of an intense 90 day Extreme Workout Schedule that my mom and I started. (Ok, really? My mom started it, but I am going along for the ride- today it was walking/running at 6:15am. Ouch.)

Last night was the second week in a row that we visited with some new friends from our church. It was so wonderful! Brian (the first friend I made down here) invited us to a woman's house to hang out on Sunday nights. Dawn is the owner of a beautiful house that she opens up to almost anyone every Sunday evening. People from all kinds of Christian backgrounds come and eat dinner and dessert. There is something so powerful about meeting with other Christians... it's like extended family gatherings. They totally embraced us and the first night they just kind of listened to us talk about our overseas missions trips and stuff like that... I left completely embarassed to have talked so much, but they all were like "Hey! Jeff, Bianca!" when we came in last night that I think I am beginning to feel right at home.

God totally put me in my place yesterday with the sermon at church. I hope you are being challenged by God's Word in your church. It's scary, embarassing, shameful and mysteriously wonderful to know that God is in your life to grow you and make you more like Him. And you are never done. Thank You, Father, for being there yesterday. The Word was definitely for me!


Bella is doing very well. "She sounds very smart", my dad said over the phone. I say she is getting a bit of a smart mouth, if you know what I mean! (Praise God for 3 year olds!) ;)
She's also having a, um, good influence on her cousin, Troy?









Now I am off to landscape my grandma's yard.

LOVE YOU GUYS!
b

What's that sound, Bella???

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey y'all, how y'all doin'? You doin' alright? You all, I mean, y'all are sooooo sweet. No really y'all, y'all are sooooo sweet. Just like sweet tea. Did you have sweet tea at your fun get together last night? It sounds like you are hooking up with some great people. Bella is adorable, no matter what...Stay tan. Mike I.

Lex said...

B, you're so cute. I love that last picture. So glad to hear you guys are settling in and that church is good somewhere besides Elgin (I was starting to wonder if that could happen.).

KnowYourGod said...

Mike I., I did in fact have sweet tea :) and Lexi, church is good. :)

Life As We See It said...

Praise God! So good to hear that you're meeting good people and church is challenging! =) Love you guys!

Tami said...

oh my goodness!!! is it just me, or is bella smirking like, "check out what I got my cousin to do!" ?? ha ha ha...so funny. :)