Thursday, March 6, 2008

I am so lame!

and looking for female-led worship music.

yes, these two things go together! let me lay it out for you:

i love jesus. he is so amazing and there is nothing i enjoy more than singing my heart out to him! i love singing, swaying and clapping my hands, raising my arms and tapping my feet to a tune that expresses my heart for him.

i have been desiring to be "mentored" concerning worship- worship leading, song writing- everything. and tonight after practicing with the worship team for 4 months, i get my chance- sing lead while the band backs. yea! i am so excited! "what song?" oh, we only sing male-led songs... ugh. "what song do you feel more comfortable singing", ugh, i don't know... whatever you pick out. "sing the melody"- wait! i only ever sing harmony... let me listen to you sing it first, then i'll sing. fear, worry, insecurity, nervousness, general lameness. what is wrong with me?? how can i ask and seek with one voice and choke up the next?

so, now i want to collect some female-led worship music that i can listen to and practice. i want to sit in God's presence and ask him to take away this nervousness and replace it with humility and grace (mostly to sing well). and i want to practice until i can do it well.

and i want to pursue the passion of inviting God into our midst, drawing him with love songs, and i want to do it well. to please him and to draw others in.

and i am going to need a LOT of help.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are anointed for such a time as this! NN

Prophet To The Nations said...

Misty Edwards new CD "Relentless". Purly annointed... I can't even begin to explain how awesome it is. You should check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hey, so I'm bloggin again, and have been for some time. You should check it out and leave me a comment like I'm doing for you right now. :) Jesus will love you more if you do. Hope you guys are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I recommend Sandy Patti. She just released a new cassette.